Integration Of Health SystemsIntegration of Health Systems Intermountain Healthcare is a high-performing integrated health system with facilities in Utah and Idaho. The health system has a long-standing clinical integration structure that encourages professional collaboration. Despite this, in 1999, many physicians at Intermountain Healthcare found it difficult to fulfill the needs of patients with co-occurring physical and mental health conditions. To efficiently and effectively address this issue, Intermountain Healthcare adopted a mental health integration model in many of its primary care facilities, as well as some of its specialty clinics and partner clinics. The team-based approach has improved the coordination of services, resulting in higher quality care at a savings of cost. Consider the example above. What advantages does integration afford Intermountain Healthcare? Do other integrated health systems experience similar benefits? Are there disadvantages to integration? If so, what are they? To prepare for this Assignment, review the information related to vertical and horizontal integration presented in the Learning Resources. Select one of the following horizontally integrated health systems: · DaVita · Apria · Sunrise Senior Living · Labcorp · Quest Diagnostics Also select one of the following vertically integrated health systems: · Kaiser Permanente · Mayo Clinic · Cleveland Clinic · MedStar Health · Memorial Hermann Healthcare System Houston As an alternative, you may use Becker’s Hospital Review resource to identify a vertically integrated health system. Using the Walden Library and credible sources on the Internet, research your selected health systems. Investigate the rationale for pursuing integration and the strategies each health system has used to achieve integration. Note information related to the size of each health system, settings/locations, and types of services it provides. Based on your research, consider the ways in which the two health systems are similar to and/or different from one another. Assess the business and health care-related implications of horizontal and vertical integration of your selected health systems. How does integration impact the management of your selected organizations and the patients/consumers they serve, especially in terms of cost, quality, and access? Consider any applicable insights you have gained through the Discussion for this module. The Assignment Write a 3- to 4-page paper in which you: · Compare the horizontally integrated health system and the vertically integrated health system you have selected (e.g., size, settings/locations, and types of services). · Explain each health system’s rationale for pursuing integration and the strategies it has used to achieve integration. · Assess the business and health care-related implications of integration for your selected health systems, including how integration impacts the patients/consumers the organization serves. Your Assignment must be written in standard edited English. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this module’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Resources Readings · Shi, L., & Singh, D. (2015). Delivering health care in America: A systems approach (6th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett. o Chapter 9, “Managed Care and Integrated Organizations” (pp. 361–368) · Cohen, A., Klein, S., & McCarthy, D. (2014). Hill Physicians Medical Group: A market-driven approach to accountable care for commercially insured patients. Retrieved fromhttp://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/files/publications/case-study/2014/oct/1770_cohen_hill_physicians_aco_case_study.pdf · Cutler, D. M., & Morton, F. S. (2013). Special communication: Hospitals, market share, and consolidation. JAMA, 310(18), 1964–1970. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. · Sanford, K. D. (2013). Integration requires new roles and responsibilities. Healthcare Financial Management, 67(3), 56–60. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. · Summer, L. (2014). Research insights: Integration, concentration, and competition in the provider marketplace. Retrieved fromhttp://www.academyhealth.org/files/publications/AH_R_Integration%20FINAL2.pdf Use the following resources to select integrated health systems on which to focus for your Assignment. You may also use this list to develop background information as you research health systems in your area for the Discussion. · Rodak, S. (2013). 100 integrated health systems to know. Retrieved fromhttp://www.beckershospitalreview.com/lists/100-integrated-health-systems-to-know.html Vertically Integrated Health Systems · Cleveland Clinic. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://my.clevelandclinic.org · Kaiser Permanente. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://kp.kaiserpermanente.org/ · Mayo Clinic. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.mayoclinic.org · MedStar Health. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from https://www.medstarhealth.org/ · Memorial Hermann Healthcare System Houston. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, fromhttp://www.memorialhermann.org Horizontally Integrated Health Systems · Apria. (n.d). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from www.apria.com · DaVita. (n.d). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from www.davita.com · Labcorp. (2014). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from https://www.labcorp.com/ · Quest Diagnostics. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.questdiagnostics.com/ · Sunrise Senior Living. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.sunriseseniorliving.com/
Integration Of Health Systems is rated 4.8/5 based on 27 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Vaginal Bleeding in pregnancy
- »Assignment: Quantitative Research
- »advocate for patients and effective programs and polices than nurses? Already patient advocates in interactions with doctors and leadership, why not with government and regulatory agencies?
- »Maternal Initial
- »Example Of Reflective Writing In A Healthcare Assignment
- »Case Study: End of Life Decisions
- »Electronic Orders and Creating Problem Lists
- »hypercholesterolemia. His new primary care provider offers guidance on following a low-cholesterol/low-fat diet and prescribes an antidepressant and an analgesic for the low back pain.
- »Policies are written documents that mirror the administrators of a particular organization. In this case, the organizations are healthcare organizations such as hospitals and clinics
- »Assessment Tools And Diagnostic Tests In Adults And ChildrenAssessment Tools And Diagnostic Tests In Adults And Children
- »Essentials Of Evidence-Based Practice
- »Renaissance And Baroque Sculpture In Italy
- »For this Discussion, you will post an explanation that defines the legal implications for standard of care, the key components of a malpractice policy in regard to a case study
- »Nursing Teaching
- »Selecting A Population Health Problem
- »Descriptive Statistics
- »Business Plan Development
- »Analyze The Mickey Mantle Case Using The Seven-Step Decision Model.
- »Ethical Decision Making
- »Chasing ZERO Video Or Chasing Zero Article
- »Case Study On Death And Dying
- »Combining Cognitive Rehearsal, Simulation, and Evidence-Based Scripting to Address Incivility
- »reflects the compilation and analysis of data collected during the patient volunteer health history interview
- »What Is The Christian Concept Of The Imago Dei? How Might It Be Important To Health Care, And Why Is It Relevant?
- »Personal Philosophy of Nursing
- »Advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs) have to consider a broad range of factors when prescribing medicines
- »Kings Conceptual Theory
- »How Has The Emphasis On Quality Of Care, Patient Safety, And Clinical Care Outcomes Been Impacted By Specific Standards Emanating From TJC And/Or CMS?
- »Discussion - Effective Communication Techniques
- »How Can Pricing and Reimbursement Policies Improve Affordable Access to Medicines?
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed