Explain current practices for providing health care services related to community crisesCreate a 10 slide PowerPoint presentation that compares how different communities respond to crises, describes obstacles to providing health care services related to community crises, and explains current practices for providing health care services related to community crises. Recommend an evidence-based nursing response for providing health care services related to community crises. By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria: · Competency 1: Explain the factors that affect the health of communities. . Explain how a crisis situation affects community health. · Competency 3: Develop an evidence-based nursing response for providing health care services related to community crises. . Compare different approaches for responding to a community crisis. . Describe obstacles to providing health care services related to a community crisis. . Recommend an evidence-based nursing response for providing health care services related to community crises. . Explain current practices for providing health care services related to community crises. · Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of a nursing professional. . Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics. . Correctly format citations and references, using current APA style. · Toggle Drawer
ContextAs in acute nursing, emergencies do arise in the community/public health arena. These emergencies can take the form of manmade or natural disasters. Health care professionals have had to increase their awareness of their duty to care during these situations. The need for planning and preparing for these possible events is being reinforced (Tomczyk, et al., 2008). Public health nurses bring specific skills to disaster response. Their roles can range from first responders to policy developers.
ReferenceTomczyk, D., Alvarez, D., Borgman, P., Cartier, M., Caulum, L., Galloway, C., … Meske, D. (2008). Caring for those who care: The role of the occupational health nurse in disasters. AAOHN Journal, 56(6), 243–250. · Toggle Drawer Questions to Consider To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community. · What would you do in the event of a disaster? · What information would be critical to have, to ensure appropriate care for your loved ones?
Internet ResourcesAccess the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have either been granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication. · Federal Emergency Management Agency. (2008, January). Emergency support function #8 – Public health and medical services annex (ESF #8). Retrieved from http://www.fema.gov/pdf/emergency/nrf/nrf-esf-08.pdf · Lee, C. H. (2010). Disaster and mass casualty triage. American Medical Association Journal of Ethics, 12(6), 466–470. Retrieved from http://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/2010/06/cprl1-1006.html · Columbia University Medical Center. (n.d.). National center for disaster preparedness. Retrieved from http://ncdp.columbia.edu/ · Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Emergency preparedness and response: Preparation and planning. Retrieved from http://emergency.cdc.gov/planning/ · Association of Public Health Nurses Public Health Preparedness Committee. (2013). The role of the public health nurse in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery [Policy statement]. Retrieved from http://www.achne.org/files/public/APHN_RoleOfPHNinDisasterPRR_FINALJan14.pdf
PreparationSuppose you have been invited to participate in a roundtable discussion meeting on the development of a community response to crises. To prepare for this discussion, you have been asked to research ways that other communities have provided health care services during crisis situations, identify best practices, and develop a nursing response for providing health care services. You would be presenting your research and nursing response to the roundtable panel during the meeting. Select two communities that have suffered a crisis of some kind within ten years of each other. For example, you might choose to look at New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina in comparison to New Jersey and Hurricane Sandy. You might address the 2011 tornado outbreak and compare the response of Joplin, Missouri with the response of Birmingham, Alabama. Or, you might choose to look at the responses to volcano eruptions in Hawaii as compared to Washington State. You are not limited to natural disasters; feel free to explore environmental disasters and outbreaks of disease. Try to choose the type of crisis situation that could occur within your own community. Once you have selected your two communities and their comparable crisis situations, look in the Internet for scholarly journal articles on how health care professionals responded to the crises.
Explain current practices for providing health care services related to community crises is rated 4.8/5 based on 229 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Name and describe the healthcare needs of a minority group in your community/city.
- »Leadership Implications “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.”
- »data analysis and quality improvement initiative proposal based on a health issue
- »Ineffective Time Management
- »NURSING POWERPOINT
- »Essay - Ideal Citizen In A Totalitarian Government
- »Discuss the differences between verbal and non-verbal communication.
- »Health Promotion In Minority Populations
- »Discuss Conceptual-Theory-Empirical
- »Electronic Data In Healthcare
- »This assignment will allow you to create an evidence-based practice project that includes the development of a PICO question and follows the initial steps of the Iowa Model.
- »Asthma And Stepwise Management
- »Assessing The Genitalia And Rectum
- »User Training And System Maintenance
- »Case study Subject -Contemporary Indigenous health and well-being
- »RFI And RFP For Information System Selection
- »Discussion: Our Global Neighborhood
- »Culture And Society
- »Planning is the key to successful completion of this course and your overall program of study. The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment requires early collaboration with the course faculty and your course mentor
- »Nursing Paper About Ayurvedic Medicine
- »Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) DNA structure
- »Distinguish Between Medicare And Medicaid
- »Project Informatics
- »You have been hired as Assistant Manager of a Home Health Care Agency. The agency offers a wide range of skilled medical services such as nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy from qualified medical professionals.
- »Analyze and address challenges in strategic planning for healthcare organizations through the use of financial information. Create a business plan for a new service line in a healthcare organization.
- »Instructional Unit: Goals, Objectives, And The Teaching Plans This Week You Will Submit Your Instructional Unit, Which Should Include Three Lesson Plans: One Focused On Patient Education, One On Family Education, And One On Staff Development
- »Community Health Nursing
- »Benchmark - Professional Capstone And Practicum Reflective Journal
- »Monumental Architecture and Sculpture
- »Health Science
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed