Evaluating Interdisciplinary Collaboration SkillsEvaluating Interdisciplinary Collaboration Skills The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.—Vince LombardiCollaboration is a critical component of quality improvement. It is also a central tenet of your endeavors as a scholar-practitioner in this Walden University Master’s program. To succeed in your role as a nurse leader-manager, it is important to engage in ongoing development of collaborative skills and to help foster a culture that values collaboration.In Weeks 1 and 2 of this course, you analyzed your strengths and considered how to leverage these strengths for effective leadership. In a similar vein, this week you evaluate your strengths and areas for growth with regard to interdisciplinary collaboration. To prepare:Review the competencies described in the Interprofessional Education Collaborative report and in Chapter 9 of the Hickey and Brosnan text. As you reflect on the competency statements outlined for each domain, think about which ones reflect your strengths. Which competency statements point to areas for growth?Consider the benefit of working with interdisciplinary teams for addressing quality improvement initiatives.Conduct a search of the literature and select at least one article that illustrates the benefits of interprofessional collaboration for nurse leader-managers as it relates to improving quality. Required ReadingsHickey, J. V., & Brosnan, C. A. (2017). Evaluation of health care quality in for DNPs (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.Chapter 11, “Health Care Teams” (pp. 227-264)This chapter focuses on the function of teams within health care with particular focus on methods of evaluation.Bainbridge, L., Nasmith, L., Orchard, C., & Wood, V. (2010). Competencies for interprofessional collaboration. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 24(1), 6–11. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. The authors of this article put forth a competency framework for interprofessional collaboration that can be used by various stakeholders. The framework consists of six competencies and the authors also provide detailed descriptions of the associated skills each competency requires.Braithwaite, J., Westbrook, M., Nugus, P., Greenfield, D., Travaglia, J. Runciman, W. ... Westbrook, J. (2012). A four-year, systems-wide intervention promoting interprofessional collaboration. BMC Health Services Research, 12(1), 99–106.Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. This article examines strategies and challenges of working to improve interprofessional collaboration. The benefits of this type of teaming are also discussed.Petri, L. (2010). Concept analysis of interdisciplinary collaboration. Nursing Forum, 45(2), 73–82.Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. This literature review explores the meaning of interdisciplinary collaboration and identifies important antecedents and attributes of the process.
Evaluating Interdisciplinary Collaboration Skills is rated 4.8/5 based on 384 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Managing Conflict In The Workplace
- »Infection Prevention Literature Review
- »The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research
- »Disaster Contact a disaster preparedness person at either a local hospital, or local city or county emergency services agency
- »Audience Analysis
- »Critique Template for a Mixed-Methods Study
- »Home Monitoring Services to Patients
- »Analyzing Evidence-Based Practice Outcomes
- »Professional Capstone And Practicum Reflective Journal
- »Nutrition Article Summary
- »Quantitative Research Critique And Ethical Considerations
- »Exhibition of World ArtImagine you are a curator at your local city
- »Select A Societal Trend That Is Affecting Curriculum In Nursing Or Patient Education
- »Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
- »Executive Summary Assignment.
- »Discuss One Way You Will Be Able To Evaluate Whether Your Project Made A Difference In Practice.
- »Treatment Plan And Diagnosis
- »“Introduction to Advanced Pathophysiology” Program Transcript
- »Our comparison of two different change theories provide a clear comparison of the theories. Lippit's theory is an expansion of Lewin's theory and follows the nursing process providing additional guidelines with support of the change theory guidi
- »Nursing Theory And Concept Model
- »Family Interview - Compare And Contrast Cultures Paper
- »Diagnosis: Major neurocognitive disorder due to Alzheimer’s disease (presumptive)
- »Data Analysis
- »As a health policymaker, what might your social power include?
- »Select a population health problem or issue of interest from the available studies. What type of translational research is used for the study?
- »Health Policy And Politics
- »What Is Research Versus Evidence Based Practice?
- »Suppose You Were Planning To Conduct A Statewide Study Of The Work Plans And Intentions Of Non employed Registered Nurses In Your State. Would You Ask Mostly Open-Ended Questions Or Closed-Ended Questions?
- »Assignment: Disorders of the Veins and Arteries
- »analyze the diagnostic criteria and treatment options of insomnia, hype somnolence, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, non-rapid eye movement, nightmare disorder, sleep behavior disorder, and other DSM-5 sleep and parasomnia disorders.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed