Discussion Board AssignmentDiscussion Board Assignment Chapter 5 – Ambulatory Care in Edition 8 Assigned Readings: Chapter 5 Answer the following questions: 1. Identify the major factors that have resulted in the shift in utilization from inpatient hospitalization to ambulatory care services. Describe the implications of this shift for hospitals, consumers, and the health care delivery system as a whole. 2. In what ways have private practice physicians responded to the expansion of hospital, health plans’ and other organization-sponsored ambulatory services? What are the implications of those responses for the patient, for the consumer, and for the health care industry as a whole? 3. Hospital emergency departments continue to be used as an ever more important source of primary medical care by large numbers of the community’s medically underserved population. What are the implications of this practice for the patients, and on health care costs and quality of care? What would you propose as a means to change this situation? 4. Almost two-thirds of all surgical procedures are now performed in ambulatory surgery facilities. Discuss the reasons for this shift of surgery from the inpatient setting and its effect on hospitals and consumers. 5. Some people support the role of public health departments in providing preventive and treatment services as necessary to fill gaps in the system for the medically needy. Others believe these services are more efficiently and effectively provided through private organizations. What is your position on this issue and why?
Discussion Board Assignment is rated 4.8/5 based on 654 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »How A Bill Becomes A Law
- »Reflection Journal
- »Describe the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. Be sure to explain the changes in the arterial blood gas patterns during an exacerbation
- »Choose two terms from the Elements of Fiction lecture and apply them to "The Fall of the House of Usher."
- »Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
- »Payment structures used in the health care industry
- »Development Of The Health Care System Of The German And Canadian French Heritage Culture .
- »SUSTAINABLE GOAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FACT SHEET Malaria
- »National initiatives driven by the American Nurses Association have determined nursing-quality outcome indicators that are intended to focus plans and programs to increase quality and safety in patient care
- »In this Discussion, you will identify a recently proposed health policy and share your analysis of the evidence in support of this policy.
- »Poor Patient Outcome
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies? Do you anticipate any challenges or barriers to "population advocacy"?
- »In 250-300 words, explain the Christian perspective of the nature of spirituality and ethics in contrast to the perspective of postmodern relativism within health care.
- »Human Sexuality
- »‘‘Allow Natural Death’’ versus ‘‘Do Not Resuscitate’’: What Do Patients with Advanced Cancer Choose?
- »Discussion: Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and Advanced Practice Nurses
- »EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
- »Health Education And Health Promotion
- »People Of Mexican Heritage.
- »Leading Servant Organizations
- »Discuss transformational leadership and how it applies to a RN in the outpatient clinic
- »Apply the concepts of pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics to the use of specific medication classifications in specific health conditions and in consideration of medication side/adverse effects, nursing implicati
- »Written Assignment - Stroke Concept Map
- »Assignment Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Group Therapy for Addiction
- »PLAGIARISM WORKSHEET
- »Case Study Health Care of the Older Adult
- »After working with your preceptor to assess organizational policies, create a list of measurable outcomes for your capstone project intervention. Write a list of three to five outcomes for your proposed intervention.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed