Diabetes and Drug TreatmentsDiabetes and Drug Treatments Diabetes is an endocrine system disorder that affects millions of children and adults (ADA, 2011). If left untreated, diabetic patients are at risk for several alterations including heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, and blindness. There are various methods for treating diabetes, many of which include some form of drug therapy. The type of diabetes as well as the patient’s behavior factors will impact treatment recommendations. In this Assignment, you compare types of diabetes including drug treatments for type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes. To prepare: Review this week’s media presentation on the endocrine system and diabetes, as well as Chapter 45 of the Arcangelo and Peterson text and the Peterson et al. article in the Learning Resources. Reflect on differences between types of diabetes including type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes. Select one type of diabetes. Consider one type of drug used to treat the type of diabetes you selected including proper preparation and administration of this drug. Then, reflect on dietary considerations related to treatment. Think about the short-term and long-term impact of the diabetes you selected on patients including effects of drug treatments. By Day 6 Write a 2- to 3- page paper that addresses the following: Explain the differences between types of diabetes including type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes. Describe one type of drug used to treat the type of diabetes you selected including proper preparation and administration of this drug. Include dietary considerations related to treatment. Explain the short-term and long-term impact of this diabetes on patients including effects of drugs treatments. Reminder: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting. Submission and Grading Information To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following: Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK06Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name. Click the Week 6 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment. Click the Week 6 Assignment link. Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK06Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open. If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database. Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Diabetes and Drug Treatments is rated 4.8/5 based on 711 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Quantitative research
- »Statistical Terms
- »Policy Implementation, Street-level Bureaucracy, and the Importance of Discretion.
- »Recognize the influence that developmental stages have on physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual functioning
- »Reflect on strategies that you can pursue in developing portfolios or portfolio elements that focus on academic achievements.
- »Assignment: National Patient Safety Goals
- »Discussion: Searching Databases
- »A PICOT starts with a designated patient population in a particular
- »Research Proposal Draft
- »Safeguarding children professional responsibility and partnership working activity.
- »Psychiatric Assessment Of The Adult And Older Adult
- »Discuss The Difference Between A Positive Linear Relationship And A Negative Linear Relationship
- »write an analysis of one of Hamlet's soliquoys and craft two soliquoys of your own
- »Public Health Law And Policy
- »Case Study: Fetal Abnormality
- »Reviewing The Literature
- »Nursing Information Technology Management
- »Delivering Effective Presentations
- »Differential Diagnoses And Pediatrics
- »Off-Label Drug Use In Pediatrics
- »Clinical Case Decision Instructruction
- »Assignment: Leadership Styles And Decision-Making
- »Discussion Of Triaxial Of Action: Policy, Politics, And Nursing
- »Personality Disorder
- »Collaborative Decision Making Through Shared Governance
- »Decisions About Nursing Specialty
- »Identify personal opportunities for improvement in providing culturally competent care.
- »Assignment: Workplace Environment Assessment
- »Developmental Assessment And The School-Aged Child
- »Clinical Decision Case Assignment
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed