DiabetesAccording to the American Diabetes Association (2011), 25.8 million children and adults have been diagnosed with diabetes in the United States. Approximately 2 million more are diagnosed every year, with another 79 million people considered to be in a pre-diabetes state. These millions of people are at risk of several alterations, including heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, and blindness. Since diabetes has a major impact on the health of millions of people around the world, it is essential for nurses to understand the pathophysiology and associated alterations of this disorder. In this Discussion, you compare two types of diabetes—diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. To Prepare
- Review Chapter 19 in the Huether and McCance text and Chapter 18 in the Hammer and McPhee text. Identify the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Consider the similarities and differences between resulting alterations of hormonal regulation.
- Select two of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Think about how the factors you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for these two types of diabetes.
By Day 3Post an explanation of the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Describe the differences and similarities between resulting alterations of hormonal regulation. Then explain how the factors you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for these two types of diabetes. Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the "Post to Discussion Question" link and then select "Create Thread" to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click on Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and you cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking on Submit!
Diabetes is rated 4.8/5 based on 170 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Discussion: Health Data Standards
- »community characteristics portion of the community assessment
- »Art Appreciation
- »Religion In Sixteenth- And Seventeenth-Century European Art
- »Promoting Healthcare Quality
- »Analyze How Gender Is Created By Society, Specifically Looking At Children's Toys And/Or Clothing
- »Discussion - Nursing Interventions To Reduce Stressors
- »Unlicensed Assistive Personnel and the Registered Nurse
- »Research Mathematical Analysis
- »End-Of-Life Decisions
- »Describe three of the factors that you think drive up health care costs and (b) Explain what do you think an individual can do to have and impact on personal and overall health care cost?
- »Capstone Project Topic Selection and Approval
- »Discussion Post
- »Nutrition Research Paper
- »report on an interview you have conducted with a health care professional. You will identify an issue from the interview that could be improved with an interdisciplinary approach, and review best practices and evidence to address the issue.
- »Investigating Pandemics And Epidemics
- »CHEMICAL DOSE
- »INTRODUCTION TO THE U.S. HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM
- »Health Care Problem Analysis
- »Executive Summary assignment
- »Assignment: Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement.
- »Practicum Project Goals, Objectives, And Justification
- »Ethical and spiritual decision making in healthcare
- »Literature Review (Childhood Obesity)
- »What Do You Think Are Some Effective Tactics For APN Strategic Positioning Regarding Pay Equality? Should APNs Position Themselves As Lower-Cost Providers Who Provide Better Care Or Push For Comparable Worth, Same Service And Same Pay?
- »Components Of Healthcare
- »Assignment Quiz
- »Qualitative Research Designs
- »essay you must identify and discuss the legal and ethical issues presented in the case study
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed