Description / InstructionsQuestion 1 Which of the following nutrients does not provide energy to the body? Carbohydrates Protein Vitamins Lipids Question 2 Why is variety an important component of a healthy diet? It ensures you will eat the proper amount of calories each day. It ensures you will eat meat every day. It ensures you will get all the nutrients you need for optimal health. It ensures you will not become dehydrated throughout the day. Question 3 Which is the best way to balance your dietary choices? If you overeat at lunch, you should skip dinner. If you eat two slices of pizza at lunch, you should walk an extra mile after dinner. If your dinner has no vegetables, you should eat a cereal containing fiber at breakfast. If you eat two slices of pizza at lunch, you should walk an extra mile after dinner and if your dinner has no vegetables, you should eat a cereal containing fiber at breakfast. Question 4 You have two relatives both 55 years old and both have always eaten a diet of primarily fast food. One of these relatives has severe heart disease and the other has low cholesterol levels and no sign of heart disease. What is the best explanation for this? these relatives have the same genetic predisposition for heart disease these relatives do not share the same genetic predisposition for heart disease the fast food consumed is not bad for their heart health the fast food consumed is good for their heart health Question 5 Which of the following is an example of variety in the diet? Selecting foods from all the foods groups Selecting different foods within food groups Selecting foods from all the foods groups and different foods within food groups Selecting appropriate portion sizes of foods Question 6 Using a smaller plate for dinner may help you practice: variety balance moderation nutrient density Question 7 A glass of milk is more nutrient dense than a can of soda because: a glass of milk contains calories. a glass of milk contains calcium. a glass of milk has fewer calories than a soda. a glass of milk is not nutrient dense. Question 8 Ethan achieves his recommended intake of vegetables by eating a large baked potato every day. Which principle is he not achieving? balance moderation nutrient density variety Question 9 The Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Range for protein is: 10 to 35% of calories. 45 to 65% of calories. 50 to 70% of calories. more than 65%. Question 10 Government nutrition recommendations translate: nutrient needs into food choices. food choices into nutrient needs. nutrient needs into daily nutrient requirements. food choices into daily nutrient requirements. Question 11 Evaluating a person’s food intake using food records is one of the ways nutritionists determine what people eat and their nutrient intake. This allows the nutritionist to assess the person’s: blood lipids likelihood of getting heart disease or diabetes fasting blood glucose nutritional status Question 12 According to the AMDR, the majority of calories you eat should come from: carbohydrates. fat. protein. vitamins. Question 13 The Dietary Guidelines for Americans promote a minimum of _____ minutes of moderate exercise weekly. 40 80 120 150 Question 14 Discretionary calories come from: alcohol and added sugars. added sugars and solid fats. alcohol and solid fats. Alcohol, added sugars, and solid fats. Question 15 Where would you look on the food label to determine if sugar was added to the product? Ingredients list Front of the label Nutrition Facts panel Serving size information Question 16 Which of the following nutrients are NOT broken down into smaller pieces during by metabolism? Water, vitamins, minerals Vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins Lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins Proteins, carbohydrates, lipids Question 17 In which organ does the digestion of protein begin? Mouth Pancreas Stomach Small intestine Question 18 Which of the following is NOT an accessory organ of the digestive system? Gallbladder Liver Pancreas Spleen Question 19 Which of the following is one of the ways that the endocrine system interacts with the digestive system? Eliminates wastes generated in the body Transports nutrient to cells Controls the passage of food in the blood stream Secretes hormones that regulate how much we eat Question 20 Proteins are broken down into _____ whereas fats are digested mostly into _____. amino acids, sugars amino acids, fatty acids fatty acids, sugars glucose, vitamins
Description / Instructions is rated 4.8/5 based on 470 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Health policy unfolds daily and drives clinical practice in the US. The student will investigate current policies or legislation underway for a specific health-related issue
- »Ethical Dilemma in the nursing field
- »Assessment Health Screening
- »Health Care Reform
- »When tissue is injured, due to overuse or strain, nerve cells send pain messages through the spinal cord to the brain. Other nerves send messages from the brain to tighten the muscles in the injured area. While the muscle tightness acts as a way to protec
- »Physical Environment
- »Assignment: The Nurse Leader as Knowledge Worker
- »Elements of Fiction lecture and apply them to "The Fall of the House of Usher."
- »Summary: The purpose of the weekly reflective journal exercises is to allow for analysis, synthesis and evaluation of nursing theory using guided questions
- »Discussion - NPSG And Collaborative Team Management Of Risk Reduction For Injury
- »Nursing research is used to study a dilemma or a problem in nursing. Examine a problem you have seen in nursing. Why should it be studied?
- »Discussion: Is Health Care a Right or a Privilege
- »Answer The Questions And Follow Direction -Case Is About A RN Posting Position In The Web
- »The Practicum Project Plan is a scholarly proposal for your project.
- »Identify a research or evidence-based article that focuses comprehensively on a specific intervention or new diagnostic tool for the treatment of diabetes in adults or children.
- »What characteristics would lead a provider to suspect domestic violence, child abuse, or elder abuse is taking place within a family?
- »The Assignment Comprehensive Client Family Assessment
- »Briefly discuss the various possible meanings of the term "spirituality," and your understanding of the concepts of pluralism, scientism, and postmodernism
- »Conduct An Analysis Of The Elements Of The Research Article You Identified
- »Stakeholder Support Is Necessary For A Successful Change Proposal Project Implementation(My Project Topic Is "The Effects Of Inadequate Nurse Staffing On Patient Care) .
- »Health Book Report Fix
- »Strategic Plan Resource Identification
- »Details: Using the Personal Class Design Project
- »Questions Enclosed
- »Discuss how you will use your current leadership skill set to advocate for change in your workplace. Identify one personal goal for your leadership growth and discuss your implementation plan to achieve that goal.
- »The Peer Engagement Forum will take place during four weeks in the NR 504 course and is designed to provide students with an opportunity to engage and dialogue at a deeper level with a small group of peers. Weeks during which Peer Engagement will occur in
- »Failure Modes Effects Analysis Project
- »Intro To CPT Coding
- »Cultural Communication Values And Intercultural Communication Challenges Paper
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed