Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery associated with a global health care issueDevelop a 6–8 page, APA-formatted article on a global health topic for publication. Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery, and the interventions that have been implemented. Explain the influence of altruism on global health, and identify evidence-based interventions to address the global health topic. By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria: · Competency 1: Explain the factors that affect the health of communities. . Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery associated with a global health care issue. . Explain the influence of altruistic organizations on health and health care practices associated with a global health care issue. . Explain how health care decisions and practices at a local level relate to health and health care delivery on a global scale. · Competency 2: Apply evidence-based interventions to promote health and disease prevention and respond to community health issues. . Describe interventions implemented to address a global health care issue. . Identify evidence-based interventions to promote wellness and disease prevention associated with a global health care issue. · Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of a nursing professional. . Provide background information and statistics on a global health care issue. . Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics. . Correctly format paper, citations, and references, using current APA style. · Toggle Drawer
ContextThe overall wealth of a country often influences the country's level of accessible health care and, ultimately, the health of the country's citizens. However, developed countries often face similar public health issues as developing and middle-income countries. For example, HIV and AIDS are major public health concerns in both the United States and in many less developed sub-Saharan African countries. Through collaboration, research, and direct care, community/public health nurses can provide expertise and leadership in international health issues (Maurer & Smith, 2013). Understanding the processes involved in caring for populations provides the foundation for collaborative practices in international nursing care.
ReferenceMaurer, F. A., & Smith, C. M. (2013). Community/Public health nursing practice: Health for families and populations (5th ed.). St. Louis, MO: W. B. Saunders. · Toggle Drawer Questions to Consider To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community. · What health issue do you see as having the greatest impact on the world today? · What is the attitude of the United States towards this health issue? · How might nursing influence the outcome of this health issue?
PreparationSuppose you have been asked to submit an article for publication in your organization's newsletter, about a global health topic and how policies and practices at the local level can affect global health. Choose one global health topic from the list (or use another of your choice): · Mental health. · Communicable diseases (HIV/AIDS, influenza, malaria, tuberculosis). · Non-communicable diseases (cancer, lung, and heart disease). · Maternal and child health (prenatal care, midwife education, childhood vaccinations). · LGBT health. · Disabilities. · Global water supply and safety (GlobalHealth.gov, n.d.). Look in the Capella library and on the Internet for very recent peer-reviewed articles, statistics, and professional nursing information on the global health topic you selected.
RequirementsFor this assessment, develop an APA-formatted research review article that covers one global health topic of your choice. In this assessment: · Identify your topic. Provide background information and statistics on the topic, including the global areas most affected by the topic and the types of health care issues most often associated with the topic. · Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery in the global areas most affected by the topic you selected. These factors may include not only culture and tradition, but also politics, economics, and social attitude. · Explain the influence of altruistic organizations (Peace Corps, Project Hope, religious and non-religious missions, and so on) on health and health care practices in the global area specifically associated with the topic. · Describe the interventions implemented to address the health care issues associated with the topic. Include both conventional and unconventional interventions. · Explain how the health care decisions and practices at the local level (the area most impacted by the topic) relate to health and health care delivery in other global areas. This is not limited only to best practices, but could include poor health care decisions and practices. · Identify evidence-based interventions that are effective, efficient, cost-effective, and equitable for promoting wellness and disease prevention in the specific area and population.
Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery associated with a global health care issue is rated 4.8/5 based on 416 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Respiratory distress in an infant
- »Teen Pregnancy In African American and Hispanic Communities
- »Patient Pamphlet and Professional Memo on Coronavirus
- »Game of twenty one, Morse Converter, Car Instrument Simulator Java and other codes
- »SLP Assignment
- »Research Paper - 1500-2000 words
- »Unity game assignment
- »Final Project - Credit card numbers and the case of Mobius Duck
- »The Information Technology And Organizational Learning Textbook:
- »Health policy unfolds daily and drives clinical practice in the US. The student will investigate current policies or legislation underway for a specific health-related issue.
- »Understanding Family Structure
- »PEERS reply theory
- »Project Bioethics
- »Please formulate your hypotheses and write a two page summary of your hypothesis and supporting facts and findings.
- »Oral Report
- »Assignment - Concept Map
- »nterprofsessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting)
- »Examine the fundamentals of healthcare finances, assets, budgets, cost and financial analysis
- »Real-Life Scenarios And How They Relate To Nursing Codes In Your Professional Practice.
- »Client Termination Summary
- »Respiratory System · Identify the structure and function of the respiratory system.
- »An article I found interesting on Science Daily was an article titled “Pupil Dilation and Heart Rate, analyzed by AI, May Help Spot Autism Early”. This article suggests that two simple quantifiable measures could allow for earlier recognition and diagnos
- »annotated bibliography and summary based on your research related to best practices addressing a current health care problem or issue of interest to you
- »What does that figure mean to you? How do you as a professional nurse demonstrate good citizenship?
- »I will do the nursing autobiography, just need the rest: Concept Synthesis Paper on Personal Nursing Philosophy
- »Scholarly Paper.. Nursing
- »Business Ideas For Nurse Practitioner Entrepreneurs Presentation
- »Initiating Change
- »Application Of Servant Leadership In A Health Care Setting
- »Discussion: Quality And Safety
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed