Critical Thinking, Ethical Decision Making, And The Nursing Process1. Mrs. Elle, 80 years of age, is a female patient who is diagnosed with end-stage cancer of the small intestine. She is currently receiving comfort measures only in hospice. She has gangrene of her right foot and has a history of diabetes controlled with oral agents. She is confused and the physician has determined that she is unable to make her own informed decisions. The hospice nurse, not realizing that the weekly order for CBC and renal profile had been discontinued, obtained the labs and sent them to the nearby laboratory for processing. The abnormal lab results obtained later that day revealed that the patient needed a blood transfusion. The hospice nurse updated the patient’s medical power of attorney who was distressed at the report. The patient’s wishes were to die peacefully and to not have to undergo an amputation of her right foot. But if the patient receives the blood transfusion, she may live long enough to need the amputation. The patient’s physician had previously informed the medical power of attorney that the patient would most likely not be able to survive the amputation. The patient’s medical power of attorney had made the request to cease all labs so that the patient would receive comfort measures until she died. The patient has no complaint of shortness of breath or discomfort.
- What ethical dilemma exists?
- Who are the stakeholders and what gains or losses do each have?
- What strategies should the hospice nurse take to resolve the ethical dilemma?
- What NANDA-approved nursing diagnoses may be relevant to this patient?
- Once the nursing diagnoses are determined, what steps does the nurse take to complete the Planning Phase of the Nursing Process?
- What is the difference between nursing diagnoses and collaborative problems?
Critical Thinking, Ethical Decision Making, And The Nursing Process is rated 4.8/5 based on 575 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Cultural Competence In The Health History And Physical Examination
- »Advocacy Through Legislation
- »Preparedness & Disaster Mgmt
- »Resume And Job Interview
- »Details: Reflective Analysis: Risk Management And The Role Of Managed Care
- »Is Prinizide safe in pregnancy? What are the possible complications to the pregnant woman and her fetus?
- »The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment requires early collaboration with the course faculty and your course preceptor. Students must establish a plan for successful completion
- »Community Health
- »Ethics Assessment Matrix Of Ethical Theories
- »Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- »ARTICLE ANALYSIS
- »Post an explanation of at least two opportunities that exist for RNs and APRNs to actively participate in policy-making. Explain some of the challenges that these opportunities may present and describe how you might overcome these challenges
- »Sociology Essay On Agents Of Socialization And Sociological Concepts Or Theories
- »1. Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
- »Developing A Health Literacy Program For Children In A Low-Income Urban Area
- »Risk Management Program Analysis
- »Identification of a Practice Issue for the Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Project
- »Evaluation of Ethical Models and the Ethics Committee
- »Describe client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications
- »Love, Honor And Servant Leadership
- »Nursing And Workplace Violence
- »Population Affected by Disabilities, Rural and Migrant Health.
- »Lyme Disease Case Study
- »Discussion: Organizational Policies And Practices To Support Healthcare Issues
- »nurse educator philosophy
- »Reporting and acting on child abuse and neglect Summary of consultation responses and Government action
- »Conflicts in Intergenerational Workplace
- »Introduction to the Project Doctor of Nursing Practice
- »Evidence-Based Practice Presentation
- »While The Focus Of This Course Is Nursing Theory, Frequently The Use Of Non-Nursing Or Borrowed Theories Occurs. Select A Nursing Practice Area
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed