Community HealthITS VERY IMPORTANT TO MEET THE COMPETENCES; PLS CHECK THE COMPEYENCES! Prepare a 3–4 page report on a critical health issue in a community or state. Describe the factors that contribute to the health issue and interventions that have been implemented. Explain the scope and role of nursing in the interventions, and recommend ways the scope of the interventions might be expanded. By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain the factors that affect the health of communities.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain the factors that contribute to a critical health care issue within a specific community.
- Competency 2: Apply evidence-based interventions to promote health and disease prevention and respond to community health issues.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe current interventions to target a critical health care issue within a specific community.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe the scope and role of nursing in current interventions that target a critical health care issue.
- (IMPORTANT) -Recommend evidence-based ways to expand the scope of interventions to target a critical health care issue.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of a nursing professional.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe a critical health care issue within a specific community.
- (IMPORTANT) -Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- (IMPORTANT) -Correctly format citations and references, using current APA style.
PreparationSuppose your organization is concerned about a number of health issues that have either affected an increased number of the residents in the community or show the probability of affecting a larger number of people in the population. Your organizational leaders have asked different health care professionals within the organization, including you, to examine the issues from your perspective, and to submit a report that includes evidence-based ways to address the issues. You will first need to identify a critical health care issue in your community or state. You may choose either a public health issue, such as sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), measles, Lyme disease, asthma, et cetera; or a community health issue, such as uncontrolled diabetes, congestive heart disease, 30-day readmission, et cetera. Then, look in the Capella library and on the Internet for statistics and peer-reviewed or professional resources to use in preparing your report.
RequirementsFormat this assessment as a professional report. It may help to look at reports or other documents used within your organization and to follow that formatting. You must still follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and references, and include a title page and reference page. Within the report:
- Describe one critical health issue in your community or state that has grown larger or has the potential to become larger. Be sure to include any statistics available on the health issue. Tip: check your county and/or state health department Web site.
- Explain the factors that contribute to this health issue. Consider things such as access to health care services, economics, culture, attitude, education, health care policies, and so on.
- Describe any interventions your community or state has put in place to address the health care issue. Include information on how long the interventions have been in place, how the community was made aware of the interventions, and so on.
- Describe the scope and role of nursing and public health nursing in the interventions to reduce the health issue.
- Recommend evidence-based ways the scope of the interventions could be expanded to increase positive health outcomes. Think in terms of cost, efficiency and access, effectiveness, and the use of both conventional and unconventional interventions.
Community Health is rated 4.8/5 based on 567 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Create a SOAP note for disease prevention, health promotion, and acute care of the patient in the clinical case
- »Evaluate the effectiveness of the sampling method
- »Strengths-Based Leadership
- »DNP- Translational Research And Evidence-Based Practice
- »Statistics Assignment Graphing
- »Civility In The Workplace
- »Professional Development Exercises
- »Clinical Inquiry - Locating evidence that discusses a clinical issue.
- »Cultural Competence In The Health History And Physical Examination
- »Advocacy Through Legislation
- »Preparedness & Disaster Mgmt
- »Resume And Job Interview
- »Details: Reflective Analysis: Risk Management And The Role Of Managed Care
- »Is Prinizide safe in pregnancy? What are the possible complications to the pregnant woman and her fetus?
- »The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment requires early collaboration with the course faculty and your course preceptor. Students must establish a plan for successful completion
- »Ethics Assessment Matrix Of Ethical Theories
- »Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- »ARTICLE ANALYSIS
- »Post an explanation of at least two opportunities that exist for RNs and APRNs to actively participate in policy-making. Explain some of the challenges that these opportunities may present and describe how you might overcome these challenges
- »Sociology Essay On Agents Of Socialization And Sociological Concepts Or Theories
- »1. Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
- »Developing A Health Literacy Program For Children In A Low-Income Urban Area
- »Critical Thinking, Ethical Decision Making, And The Nursing Process
- »Risk Management Program Analysis
- »Identification of a Practice Issue for the Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Project
- »Evaluation of Ethical Models and the Ethics Committee
- »Describe client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications
- »Love, Honor And Servant Leadership
- »Nursing And Workplace Violence
- »Population Affected by Disabilities, Rural and Migrant Health.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed