Case StudyMr. James is a 62 year old male in a primary care practice being seen for a health maintenance visit (last visit was over 10 years ago). His only complaint of note is fatigue but generally feels well. He denies any limitations in “doing the things I like to do”, including yard work and fishing. He works full time as a supervisor for a commercial construction company. He is married and has 2 daughters. His oldest daughter is expecting their first grandchild. He has a history of “recreational” IV drug use when he was in his early 20s while he was in the military. Denies any drug use since that time. He indicates “minimal” alcohol use – generally no more than 2-3 beers or glasses of wine a week. He has no chronic illnesses and does not take any medicines on a regular basis. Physical exam: Vitals: 38.1-97-18-183/139 Normocephalic. Alert & Oriented x3. Eyes: PERL. No nystagmus, no icterus. Neck: Supple, no cervical lymphadenopathy Cardiovascular: Normal Rate and rhythm. No murmur, gallops. 2+/4+ radial, brachial, dorsalis pedis pulses bilaterally. No jugular venous distension. No edema. Pulmonary: Lungs are clear. No dyspnea or orthopnea. Abdomen: Soft and nontender, active bowel sounds. No liver enlargement; abdomen flat. No striae. Skin: Warm and dry; no rashes. Multiple tattoos on both arms. Rectal exam: Stool is brown, no rectal masses. Lab results: CBC: WBC 9,000; RBC 5.10; Hemoglobin 15.3 g/dL Hematocrit 46%; MCV 90; Platelets 152,000. Electrolyte Panel: Sodium 136 mEq/L; Potassium 3.7 mEq/L; Creatinine 1.1 mg/dL; BUN 12 mg/dL; Glucose 115mg/dL Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) 36 Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) 50 Bilirubin (total) 0.9 mg/dL Hepatitis A IgM negative; IgG positive Hepatitis B surface antigen negative; surface antibody positive; core antibody negative Hepatitis C (HCV) antibody reactive (positive), Hepatitis C RNA positive with an undetectable viral load. APA Format Information is presented in a scholarly manner (clear, grammatically correct) and reflects synthesis of information from sources. APA format is correctly used for citations and references. Submission follows assignment guidelines; does not exceed page limit (6 pages, excluding title and reference pages). (15 pts) UTA Title page (5 pts) Respond to the following questions regarding the Case Study 1. The clinical scenario is most consistent with which type of hepatitis? Please list your answer below using a bullet point format. This does not have to be in a complete sentence. A citation is not required. (10 pts) 2. What specific data in the clinical scenario supports your diagnosis? You may list your answers below using bullet point format. This does not have to be in a complete sentence. A citation is not required. (10 pts) 3. What is the most likely cause of this patient’s diagnosis you noted in Question 1? You may list your answer below using a bullet point format. This does not have to be in a complete sentence. A citation is not required. (10 pts) 4. Describe key pathophysiologic concepts that relate to the diagnosis in question 1. To answer this question completely, you must answer all of the sub-questions below using complete sentences. Each sub-question may be answered in 1-6 sentences. ***Citations are required for each answer to each question using APA format. You MAY NOT use direct quotes. a. How does Hepatitis lead to an increased risk of hepatocellular carcinoma? Describe how the virus affects the hepatocytes and may lead to cancer. ( 10 pts) b. How does Hepatitis lead to cirrhosis of the liver? Describe the pathologic steps of how cirrhosis develops and how cellular changes can lead to liver failure. ( 10 pts) c. One of the negative sequela of liver failure is increased bleeding. Why do individuals with liver failure experience potentially life threatening bleeding? Describe how liver failure leads to coagulopathy. ( 10 pts) d. Portal hypertension is also a negative sequela of liver failure. Describe how liver failure leads to portal hypertension AND how portal hypertension manifests. (10 pts) 5. Mr. James is concerned that he will transmit the virus to his new granddaughter after she is born. What is the likelihood of transmitting the virus to his granddaughter? Provide a single sentence that includes your rationale. A citation is not required
Case Study is rated 4.8/5 based on 959 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Discuss The Use Of Evidence-Based Guidelines In Practice By Patient Provider, Healthcare Agency
- »Evolving Role of the Nursing Informatics Specialist
- »Human Experience Across The Health- Illness Continuum
- »Assessment Tools And Diagnostics Test In Adults And Children
- »Discussion: Guidelines on Screening Procedures
- »Case Study – Mobilizing The Masses
- »This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to complete their MSN EBP proposal. This assignment includes the final sections of the proposal which are data collection, analysis, evaluation, dissemination of results, and conclusion.
- »In this assignment, you will conduct a discrete and respectful community observation of an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. Locate and attend a local Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in your area. Explain to the meeting leader that you are a nursing student stud
- »Half of nation’s hospitals fail again to escape Medicare’s readmission penalties
- »Soap Note
- »Nursing Scholarly Activities
- »Scholarly Activity Summary
- »Discuss how you will use your current leadership skill set to advocate for change in your workplace.
- »Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorder
- »Evidence Visual Aid
- »Examine the importance of professional associations in nursing. Choose a professional nursing organization that relates to your specialty area, or a specialty area in which you are interested
- »Case Study On Death And Dying Case Study On Death And Dying
- »Reflect on the concepts and practices you have learned in NR506 on healthcare systems, politics, and health policy.
- »Research The Health Illness Continuum And It Relevant To Patient Care.
- »Discuss the health care support systems available in your community culture
- »Evidence-Based Project
- »Defining a Culturally Competent Health Care Organization A culturally competent organization is an organization that provides services that are respectful of and responsive to the cultural and linguistic needs of the clients they serve.
- »Reflect upon a current or previous organization, and consider the organizational mission, vision, and values, as well as the organizational culture and leadership practices
- »What is the resource-based theory of competitive advantage for stakeholder analysis? What are the competitive strengths and weaknesses?
- »Translational Research And Evidence-Based Practice
- »Discussion - Death And Dying
- »Stage 3 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- »Topic: Application Of Standards Of Care
- »components to research
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed