Break-even Analysis AssignmentRequirements: Answer the questions and complete the calculations required for the assignment. Submit your answers on a Word document, with the heading of Week 5 Assignment. For the questions requiring a written response, please adhere to proper grammar and syntax, and provide references. For the questions requiring calculations, show all your work and follow the format that has been provided for the calculations in the lesson for Week 5. 1. When performing calculations, standard rounding rules apply. If the number to the right of the decimal is less than 5, round down to the nearest whole number, e.g., 33.4 = 33 If the number to the right of the decimal is 5 or greater, round up to the nearest whole number, e.g. 33.5 =34. 2. Read the question carefully. Pay close attention to the units be asked and keep them consistent. For example, hours vs FTEs; days vs months vs years. 3. Provide ALL formulas with references. Designate which formula associates with which source. It is not sufficient to simply list the source at the beginning of the section. Write out the formula used BEFORE filling in the numbers. Formulas used should be taken from one of the required resources for this course. Example: Total Contribution Margin (CM) = (CM) category 1 + CM cat 2 + CM 3 Leger, J.M. & Dunham-Taylor, J. (2018). Financial management for nurse managers: Merging the heart with the dollar, 4th Ed. Burlington, MA: Jones-Bartlett. Preparing the paper Break-Even Analysis Case Study You and several of your colleague business partners have decided to establish an outpatient fertility clinic in your service area. All of you are very familiar with this patient population base, have completed an extensive market analysis that demonstrated a great need for the service, and are comfortable with setting up a business and the costs associated with this special group of patients. As part of the business plan, you and your partners will need to convince stakeholders that this new service endeavor will be viable. They will want to know how many patients visits annually will need to occur and how long it will take for the service to be at least cost neutral or profitable. To provide them with this information you will perform a break-even analysis. Use the following data, conduct the analysis accounting for the contribution margin of each patient acuity category. · Fixed Costs: $9,788,000 (start-costs, specialty physicians, anesthesiologists, APNs, staff nurses and other staff salaries, specialty equipment, other miscellaneous) · Variable costs: $500/patient visit (specialty equipment, oxygen supplies, other miscellaneous) · Clinic days: Monday-Saturday- 305 days/year · Projected patient visits per year: 7480 · Patient charges by patient acuity category: · Simple (20%)------------$2000/visit · Moderate (70%)--------$6500/visit · Complex (10%)---------$10,000/visit Break-even Analysis Data Table Acuity Category Percentage % Charge per Visit Visits per Year Charges per Year Visits per Day Charges per Day Contribution Margin Simple 20% $2000 Moderate 70% $6500 Complex 10% $10,000 Expected Total Daily Charges Expected Total Daily Revenue Break Even point in days Break Even point in visits 1. Describe your approach to this case study. In addition to the numbers given, what do you need to know before you can calculate the break-even analysis? 2. Perform the calculations needed for the break-even analysis. Show your work, formulas used, and reference the formula. When calculating the patient visits per day, round to the nearest whole. After you’ve completed the calculations, record your results in the appropriate place in the table. 3. How many patient visits are expected per day? 4. What is the contribution margin of each category of patient? 5. Based on the data and your calculations, what is the expected daily revenue? 6. How long (in days, months, or years) will it be before the return on investment begins? 7. How many patient visits will be required to reach the break-even point? 8. Discuss your analysis. Is the project viable and profitable service? Does the analysis support moving forward with the business? Cite specific data from you analysis to support your interpretation. Points % Description Approach to Break-Even Analysis 5 5% Approach to Break-even analysis is clearly articulated and contains elements needed to address the scenario Calculate the number of patients/category served per year and day. 15 15% Number of patients served by the fertility clinic is correctly calculated per year and day for each type/category. Formulas are correctly shown, used, and referenced. Calculations are shown Calculate the contribution margin for each patient category 30 30% For each of the three patient/categories the contribution margin is correctly calculated. Formulas are correctly shown, used, and referenced. Calculations are shown. Calculate the number of days to break-even. 10 10% Time to break-even in days is correctly calculated. Formulas are correctly shown, used, and referenced. Calculations are shown Calculate the break-even quantity (number of visits). 15 15% The break-even quantity (number of visits) is correctly calculated. Formulas are correctly shown, used, and referenced. Calculations are shown. Analysis of break-even analysis 20 20% Break-even analysis is clearly articulated. Includes elements potential for viability and profitability of service, recommendation for continuing the business. Specific data from the analysis is used to support your interpretation. Writing conventions, format, and reference citations 5 5% Writing is clear concise without grammatical and spelling errors. All references are correctly cited (if applicable) and written. 100 100 A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements. Chamberlain College of Nursing NR533 Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations NR533 Break-even Analysis AGR STUDENT VERSION 2 4
Break-even Analysis Assignment is rated 4.8/5 based on 254 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Analyze and address challenges in strategic planning for healthcare organizations through the use of financial information. Create a business plan for a new service line in a healthcare organization.
- »Instructional Unit: Goals, Objectives, And The Teaching Plans This Week You Will Submit Your Instructional Unit, Which Should Include Three Lesson Plans: One Focused On Patient Education, One On Family Education, And One On Staff Development
- »Community Health Nursing
- »Benchmark - Professional Capstone And Practicum Reflective Journal
- »Monumental Architecture and Sculpture
- »Health Science
- »Discussion: Developing a Balanced Scorecard
- »Script writing between patients and nurse
- »Discuss the importance of effective communication in the personal relationship, the therapeutic relationship, and the relationship within the interprofessional health-care team.
- »Quality Measures To Improve Patient Safety
- »health assessment
- »Global Events
- »Regardless of political affiliation, individuals often grow concerned when considering perceived competing interests of government and their impact on topics of interest to them
- »Discussion: Pain
- »The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), passed in 2010, is a collection of laws that were created to reform health insurance and healthcare.
- »Evidence-Based Practice Project—Paper on Diabetes
- »What features of sexually transmitted diseases review?
- »This Is Capstone Project On Adult Obesity
- »The American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Together with its supporters, ACS is committed to helping people stay well and get well by finding
- »Concept Process Assignment
- »Knee Injury Case Studies
- »Discussion: Comparing Frameworks for Analyzing Organizations
- »Nursing Project
- »Draft Physician Assisted Suicide
- »Creating Visual Data
- »Identify a specific instance from your own professional experience in which the values of the organization and the values of the individual nurses did or did not align. Describe the impact this had on nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »PERSUASIVE WRITING
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies?
- »This study identifies the healthcare education needs of incarcerated women in a state corrections facility
- »Value-Based Reimbursement: The Banner Health Network Experience
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed