Assignment: The Ethics and Legalities of Medication Error DisclosureAmerican writer Nikki Giovanni once said: “Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts” (Goodreads, 2012). Whenever you make an error when writing a prescription, you must consider the ethical and legal implications of your error—no matter how seemingly insignificant it might be. You may fear the possible consequences and feel pressured not to disclose the error. Regardless, you need to consider the potential implications of non-disclosure. How you respond to the prescription error will affect you, the patient, and the health care facility where you practice. In this Assignment, you examine ethical and legal implications of disclosure and nondisclosure of personal error. Consider the following scenario: · You are working as an advanced practice nurse at a community health clinic. You make an error when prescribing a drug to a patient. You do not think the patient would know that you made the error, and it certainly was not intentional.
To prepare:· Consider the ethical implications of disclosure and nondisclosure. · Research federal and state laws for advanced practice nurses. Reflect on the legal implications of disclosure and nondisclosure for you and the health clinic. · Consider what you would do as the advanced practice nurse in this scenario including whether or not you would disclose your error. · Review the Institute for Safe Medication Practices website in the Learning Resources. Consider the process of writing prescriptions. Think about strategies to avoid medication errors. Write a 2- to 3- page paper that addresses the following: · Explain the ethical and legal implications of disclosure and nondisclosure. Be sure to reference laws specific to your state. · Describe what you would do as the advanced practice nurse in this scenario including whether or not you would disclose your error. Provide your rationale. · Explain the process of writing prescriptions including strategies to minimize medication errors.
Assignment: The Ethics and Legalities of Medication Error Disclosure is rated 4.8/5 based on 401 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Treatment Plan And Diagnosis
- »“Introduction to Advanced Pathophysiology” Program Transcript
- »Our comparison of two different change theories provide a clear comparison of the theories. Lippit's theory is an expansion of Lewin's theory and follows the nursing process providing additional guidelines with support of the change theory guidi
- »Nursing Theory And Concept Model
- »Family Interview - Compare And Contrast Cultures Paper
- »Diagnosis: Major neurocognitive disorder due to Alzheimer’s disease (presumptive)
- »Data Analysis
- »As a health policymaker, what might your social power include?
- »Select a population health problem or issue of interest from the available studies. What type of translational research is used for the study?
- »Health Policy And Politics
- »What Is Research Versus Evidence Based Practice?
- »Suppose You Were Planning To Conduct A Statewide Study Of The Work Plans And Intentions Of Non employed Registered Nurses In Your State. Would You Ask Mostly Open-Ended Questions Or Closed-Ended Questions?
- »Assignment: Disorders of the Veins and Arteries
- »analyze the diagnostic criteria and treatment options of insomnia, hype somnolence, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, non-rapid eye movement, nightmare disorder, sleep behavior disorder, and other DSM-5 sleep and parasomnia disorders.
- »Ethical And Spiritual Decision Making In Health Care
- »Evidence-Based Project Implementation Issues
- »Write A Reflection Of 750?1,000 Words In Which You Identify Your Strengths And Weaknesses Related To The Four Content
- »Disaster Preparedness
- »Inflammatory Bowel Disease Case Study
- »Develop a philosophy that supports advanced nursing practice reflecting the values, beliefs, and cultural competencies relative to nursing practice, science, and theory.
- »The Application Of Data To Problem-Solving
- »What's Your Leadership Style? Learn more about your strengths and weaknesses as a leader. How to Become a Better Leader
- »Becoming Familiar With The DNP Scholarly Project
- »Stages Of Life Essay And Interview
- »Demonstrate integrity through the application of relevant codes of conduct and social responsibility within one's profession.
- »Nursing Theory And Conceptual Model Presentation
- »Professional Associations - "No man is an island."
- »Writing an Evaluation Report
- »Disseminating The EBP Project
- »Disseminating Results And Advancement Of The Profession
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed