Assignment: Practicum ExperienceAssignment: Practicum Experience As your practicum proceeds, consider the topics addressed this week. Conduct research to further your understanding of how issues related to health information systems and other resources, such as financials, staffing, and materials, could influence the implementation of your proposed change. In addition, you reflect on the effectiveness of your practicum experiences for fostering your professional development. What challenges are you encountering, or would you anticipate at this point? If necessary, what can be done to improve the situation? To prepare: Reflect on the learning objectives and activities you developed for your practicum experience during Week 1 (See attached file). Also, consider the leadership competencies introduced in Weeks 2 and 3. What new skills or insights have you gained thus far in your practicum experience? How do you think this is impacting your leadership development and the planning of your proposed change? What adjustments might need to be made to your leadership presence within the practicum environment—or your plan for change? What additional supports would you find most beneficial right now? To complete: By tomorrow 4/10/19 6mpm, write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 3 scholarly references. Include the level one headers as numbered below: 1) What new skills or insights have you gained through your practicum experiences? 2) How is this impacting your leadership development and planning related to your proposed change? 3) What additional supports would be beneficial? Required Readings White, K. M., Dudley-Brown, S., & Terharr, M. F. (2016). Translation of evidence into nursing and health care practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer. · Review Chapter 6, “Translation of Evidence for Leadership” This chapter addresses the pivotal role of leadership in the translation of evidence into practice. American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/publications/position/DNPEssentials.pdf Use the information in this report to guide the formulation of goals for your practicum experience. Kotter, J. P. (2007). Leading change: Why transformation efforts fail. Harvard Business Review, 85(1), 96-103. Retrieved from https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/pl/57319806/57319860/3d20a24aeeedc7a83d2a918c5013078c In this foundational reading, Dr. John Kotter discusses errors commonly made as organizations undergo change, and he recommends steps leaders can take to help avoid them. Murphy, M. P., Staffileno, B. A., & Carlson, E. (2015). Original Article: Collaboration Among DNP- and PhD-Prepared Nurses: Opportunity to Drive Positive Change. Journal of Professional Nursing,31388-394. doi:10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.03.001 Nelson-Brantley, H. V., & Ford, D. J. (2017). Leading change: a concept analysis. Journal Of Advanced Nursing, 73(4), 834-846. doi:10.1111/jan.13223 Salmela, S., Eriksson, K., & Fagerström, L. (2012). Leading change: a three-dimensional model of nurse leaders' main tasks and roles during a change process. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(2), 423-433. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05802.x Sherrod, B., & Goda, T. (2016). DNP-Prepared leaders guide healthcare system change. Nursing Management, (9). 13. Optional Resources Osters, S., & Tiu, F. S. (n.d.). Writing measurable learning outcomes. Retrieved from http://www.gavilan.edu/research/spd/Writing-Measurable-Learning-Outcomes.pdf Kotter International. (2017). Kotter International. Retrieved from http://www.kotterinternational.com/ National Center for Healthcare Leadership. (2017). NCHL Health Leadership Competency ModelTM.Retrieved from http://www.nchl.org/static.asp?path=2852,3238
Assignment: Practicum Experience is rated 4.8/5 based on 684 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »After working with your preceptor to assess organizational policies, create a list of measurable outcomes for your capstone project intervention. Write a list of three to five outcomes for your proposed intervention.
- »Risk assessment Screening test Time of screening Intervention
- »Issues In Health Care Reform (Interview)
- »Assignment - Assess And Document
- »Final Exam
- »TB Extended Case Study
- »Begin creating an academic and professional network by identifying which academic and professional connections and resources you need to collaborate with to be successful in your MSN program and as a practicing nurse.
- »AACN BSN Essential VIII And Your Future Practice
- »Normally, the PICOT format is helpful in formulation of questions in evidenced based clinical practices. PICOT generated questions generally fall under for main categories of clinical practices
- »Nursing: Evidence-Based Practice
- »Describe The Relationship Between Health Care Cost And Quality
- »SNAPPS is a learner-centered approach to case presentation in the clinical setting. This model allows the student to take an active role in their educational encounter by discussing the patient encounter beyond the facts, verbalizing their clinical reason
- »Assessinenitalia and Rectum
- »Individual Success Plan
- »HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS AND QUALITY OUTCOMES - Course Project
- »Ethical And Legal Issues.
- »List Three Questions You Might Ask The Patient If He Or She Were In Your Office. Provide A Rationale For Why You Might Ask These Questions. Id profile
- »developed your practicum professional development objectives. How have your experiences thus far in the practicum contributed to your growth as nurse leader-manager or nurse informaticist? What difficulties, if any, have you experienced, and how might thi
- »Health Promotion And Risk Reduction
- »Thesis Development
- »Elder Abuse and Neglect
- »Challenges That The Leaders Of Today's Health Care Organizations Face.
- »Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- »Levy Family Episodes
- »Controlled Terminology And Standards
- »Discussion: Creating, Developing, And Leading Effective Teams
- »Quantitative research
- »Statistical Terms
- »Policy Implementation, Street-level Bureaucracy, and the Importance of Discretion.
- »Recognize the influence that developmental stages have on physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual functioning
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed