Assignment: Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement.If you talk about a possible poor health outcome, do you believe that outcome will occur? Do you believe eye contact and personal contact should be avoided? You would have a difficult time practicing as a nurse if you believed these to be true. But they are very real beliefs in some cultures. Differences in cultural beliefs, subcultures, religion, ethnic customs, dietary customs, language, and a host of other factors contribute to the complex environment that surrounds global healthcare issues. Failure to understand and account for these differences can create a gulf between practitioners and the public they serve. In this Assignment, you will examine a global health issue and consider the approach to this issue by the United States and by one other country. To Prepare: · Review the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global health agenda and select one global health issue to focus on for this Assignment. · Select at least one additional country to compare to the U.S. for this Assignment. · Reflect on how the global health issue you selected is approached in the U.S. and in the additional country you selected. · Review and download the Global Health Comparison Matrix provided in the Resources. The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Global Health Comparison Matrix; 1-page Plan for Social Change) Part 1: Global Health Comparison Matrix Focusing on the country you selected and the U.S., complete the Global Health Comparison Matrix. Be sure to address the following: · Consider the U.S. national/federal health policies that have been adapted for the global health issue you selected from the WHO global health agenda. Compare these policies to the additional country you selected for study. · Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each policy. · Explain how the social determinants of health may impact the global health issue you selected. Be specific and provide examples. · Using the WHO’s Organization’s global health agenda as well as the results of your own research, analyze how each country’s government addresses cost, quality, and access to the global health issue selected. · Explain how the health policy you selected might impact the health of the global population. Be specific and provide examples. · Explain how the health policy you selected might impact the role of the nurse in each country. · Explain how global health issues impact local healthcare organizations and policies in both countries. Be specific and provide examples. Part 2: A Plan for Social Change Reflect on the global health policy comparison and analysis you conducted in Part 1 of the Assignment and the impact that global health issues may have on the world, the U.S., your community, as well as your practice as a nurse leader. In a 1-page response, create a plan for social change that incorporates a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader. · Explain how you would advocate for the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader. · Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens might impact your local practice and role as a nurse leader. · Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice as a nurse leader represents and contributes to social change. Be specific and provide examples.
Assignment: Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement. is rated 4.8/5 based on 177 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Discussion - Nursing Interventions To Reduce Stressors
- »Unlicensed Assistive Personnel and the Registered Nurse
- »Research Mathematical Analysis
- »End-Of-Life Decisions
- »Describe three of the factors that you think drive up health care costs and (b) Explain what do you think an individual can do to have and impact on personal and overall health care cost?
- »Capstone Project Topic Selection and Approval
- »Discussion Post
- »Nutrition Research Paper
- »report on an interview you have conducted with a health care professional. You will identify an issue from the interview that could be improved with an interdisciplinary approach, and review best practices and evidence to address the issue.
- »Investigating Pandemics And Epidemics
- »CHEMICAL DOSE
- »INTRODUCTION TO THE U.S. HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM
- »Health Care Problem Analysis
- »Executive Summary assignment
- »Practicum Project Goals, Objectives, And Justification
- »Ethical and spiritual decision making in healthcare
- »Literature Review (Childhood Obesity)
- »What Do You Think Are Some Effective Tactics For APN Strategic Positioning Regarding Pay Equality? Should APNs Position Themselves As Lower-Cost Providers Who Provide Better Care Or Push For Comparable Worth, Same Service And Same Pay?
- »Components Of Healthcare
- »Assignment Quiz
- »Qualitative Research Designs
- »essay you must identify and discuss the legal and ethical issues presented in the case study
- »Discuss How is your employer responding to your project?
- »Reasoning In A Specialty Area
- »Discuss the history of present illness that you would take on this patient in preparation for the clinic visit. Include questions regarding Onset, Location, Duration, Characteristics, Aggravating Factors, Relieving Factors, Treatment, Severity
- »King’s Conceptual System Theory.
- »Steps in the Health Planning Model
- »How to develop a strategic mindset Follow these steps to think more strategically
- »Pathophysiology Case Study
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed