Apply the concepts of pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics to the use of specific medication classifications in specific health conditions and in consideration of medication side/adverse effects, nursing implicati
Course Outcomes This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.· CO1 Apply the concepts of pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics to the use of specific medication classifications in specific health conditions and in consideration of medication side/adverse effects, nursing implications, and medication teaching. (POs 1, 2, and 3) · CO2 Apply principles of health promotion, as well as illness and injury prevention, to promote safety and effectiveness of commonly used pharmacologic therapy across the lifespan, taking into consideration sociocultural, genetic/genomic, developmental, and gender implications. (POs 3 and 8) · CO3 Utilize the nursing process in understanding the effects of drug therapy on health outcomes across the lifespan within the framework of a diverse population of individuals, families, and communities. (PO 4) Due Date Refer to Course Calendar for details. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment. Total Points Possible 100 Points
Requirements1. Choose a pharmacological agent that has been on the market less than 5 years. 2. Research the literature and obtain two to three resources for current, evidence-based information related to the pharmacological agent. You must submit your resources with the assignment. Identify the following key/relevant drug information that will be used to develop a medication teaching brochure: · Drug Class · Mechanism of Action · Drug Administration and Dosage · Drug/food Interactions · Lab effects/Interference 3. Design a brochure to be used as a patient teaching tool containing the identified relevant/key information outlined above and the following important information: · Nursing Management · Patient Education Considerations · Patient Assessment · Potential Side Effects/Adverse Effects/Toxicities · Special considerations
Preparing the Assignment1. After selecting your pharmacotherapeutic agent, use the Chamberlain online library or other database to research the key/relevant drug information. 2. Create your teaching brochure using MS Word or PowerPoint. Microsoft Word has built-in and online templates for brochures. You may choose one of these for your format. The brochure should be printed on one page, two-sided. 3. Include appropriate images, graphics, bulleted items, and subtitles in your brochure. Choose images that illustrate your points and do not serve as mere decorations. 4. Use no higher than seventh-grade reading level, except for required medical terminology. Microsoft Word will calculate a Flesch Kincaid Grade Level for you. Go to Review > Spelling and Grammar. When the check is complete, Word will give you the statistics. You may need to save your file with a new name and temporarily delete required medical terms and then run the Flesch Kincaid statistics again to get to the seventh-grade reading level. 5. Complete a separate document that contains the following information: · Your name, date and class · A short paragraph describing the intended audience and use for your teaching brochure. For example, is this for teaching a pediatric patient who is newly diagnosed with asthma about the new drug? Is it designed to teach an older adult about a new cholesterol drug? · A reference page in APA format The brochure is not a paper that follows APA format so please use your creativity when developing the brochure. Consider your audience when choosing font, style and graphics. 6. Submit the brochure and the one-page document to the assignment by the due date.
Directions and Assignment Criteria
|Brochure: Key/Relevant Drug Information||30||30%||Brochure contains following key/relevant drug information · Drug Class · Mechanism of Action · Drug Administration and Dosage · Drug Interactions · Lab effects/interference · Special Considerations · Potential Side Effects/Adverse Effects/Toxicities|
|Brochure: Patient Education Considerations||35||35%||Brochure contains the following patient education information · Nursing Management · Patient Education Considerations · Patient Assessment · Potential Side Effects/Adverse Effects/Toxicities · Special considerations|
|Brochure: Visual Effects/Creativity||10||10%||Brochure meets all of the following · Developed per the required standard · Appropriate for the intended audience · Flesch Kincaid reading level is not higher than seventh grade · Graphics do not distract from the purpose of the brochure · Visually appealing|
|One Page Paper||15||15%||One page paper is clearly written and contains the following information: · Name · Date · Class · A short paragraph describing the intended audience and use for the teaching brochure. · A reference page|
|APA format||5||5%||Reference page is present and follows APA format. At least two sources are used and submitted with work|
|Writing Mechanics||5||5%||Writing follows rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, and other aspects of formal written work as found in the 6th edition of the APA manual|
|NR293 Medication Teaching Plan Assignment Guidelines.docx Revised 03/13/2018 WS/SCM||1|
Apply the concepts of pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics to the use of specific medication classifications in specific health conditions and in consideration of medication side/adverse effects, nursing implicati is rated 4.8/5 based on 663 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »National initiatives driven by the American Nurses Association have determined nursing-quality outcome indicators that are intended to focus plans and programs to increase quality and safety in patient care
- »In this Discussion, you will identify a recently proposed health policy and share your analysis of the evidence in support of this policy.
- »Poor Patient Outcome
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies? Do you anticipate any challenges or barriers to "population advocacy"?
- »In 250-300 words, explain the Christian perspective of the nature of spirituality and ethics in contrast to the perspective of postmodern relativism within health care.
- »Human Sexuality
- »Discussion Board Assignment
- »‘‘Allow Natural Death’’ versus ‘‘Do Not Resuscitate’’: What Do Patients with Advanced Cancer Choose?
- »Discussion: Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and Advanced Practice Nurses
- »EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
- »Health Education And Health Promotion
- »People Of Mexican Heritage.
- »Leading Servant Organizations
- »Discuss transformational leadership and how it applies to a RN in the outpatient clinic
- »Written Assignment - Stroke Concept Map
- »Assignment Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Group Therapy for Addiction
- »PLAGIARISM WORKSHEET
- »Case Study Health Care of the Older Adult
- »After working with your preceptor to assess organizational policies, create a list of measurable outcomes for your capstone project intervention. Write a list of three to five outcomes for your proposed intervention.
- »Risk assessment Screening test Time of screening Intervention
- »Issues In Health Care Reform (Interview)
- »Assignment - Assess And Document
- »Final Exam
- »TB Extended Case Study
- »Begin creating an academic and professional network by identifying which academic and professional connections and resources you need to collaborate with to be successful in your MSN program and as a practicing nurse.
- »AACN BSN Essential VIII And Your Future Practice
- »Normally, the PICOT format is helpful in formulation of questions in evidenced based clinical practices. PICOT generated questions generally fall under for main categories of clinical practices
- »Nursing: Evidence-Based Practice
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed