Application: Planned Change in a Department or UnitHealth care organizations are continuously immersed in change from the emergence of new policies, to promote quality care and improve patient safety to keeping pace with the rapid growth in knowledge and best practices. Establishing a solid framework for planning and implementing change is a wise move, as it provides a foundation for the extensive coordination that will be needed to successfully facilitate the change. For this Assignment, you propose a change at the department or unit level and develop a plan for guiding the change effort. To prepare:
- Review Chapter 8 in the course text. Focus on Kurt Lewin’s change theory, and contrast it with other classic change models and strategies.
- Reflect on problems, inefficiencies, and critical issues within a specific department, unit, or area in your organization or one with which you are familiar. Select one issue as a focal point for this assignment, and consider a change that could be made to address the issue.
- Think about how the change would align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values as well as relevant professional standards.
- Using one of the change models or strategies discussed in Chapter 8, begin formulating a plan for implementing the change within the department/unit. Outline the steps that you and/or others should follow to facilitate the change effort. Align these steps to the change model or strategy you selected.
- Determine who should be involved in initiating and managing the change. Consider the skills and characteristics that are necessary to facilitate this change effort.
- Identify a problem, inefficiency, or issue within a specific department/unit.
- Describe a specific, realistic change that could be made to address the issue.
- Summarize how the change would align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values as well as relevant professional standards.
- Identify a change model or strategy to guide your planning for implementing the change. Provide a rationale for your selection.
- Outline the steps that you and/or others would follow to facilitate the change. Align these steps to your selected change model or strategy.
- Explain who would be involved in initiating and managing this change. Describe the skills and characteristics that would be necessary to facilitate the change effort.
Application: Planned Change in a Department or Unit is rated 4.8/5 based on 439 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »annotated bibliography and summary based on your research related to best practices addressing a current health care problem or issue of interest to you
- »What does that figure mean to you? How do you as a professional nurse demonstrate good citizenship?
- »I will do the nursing autobiography, just need the rest: Concept Synthesis Paper on Personal Nursing Philosophy
- »Scholarly Paper.. Nursing
- »Business Ideas For Nurse Practitioner Entrepreneurs Presentation
- »Initiating Change
- »Application Of Servant Leadership In A Health Care Setting
- »Discussion: Quality And Safety
- »Peer Engagement Forum
- »What type of drug should you prescribe based on your patient’s diagnosis? How much of the drug should the patient receive?
- »Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology Departments
- »Identifying A Health Care-Related Problem And A Target Population
- »Reading Research Literature Worksheet
- »Leininger's Culture Care Model
- »Assignment Combining Nurse Leader With Advocacy
- »Review the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global health agenda and select one global health issue to focus on for this Assignment.
- »COMPLIANCE AND BREACH OF PROTOCOLS FOR HCA
- »Review The Case Study And Answer All Questions
- »Transcultural Nurse
- »What is a health care organization's administrative role regarding oversight of risk management policies and ensuring compliance with managed care organization (MCOs) standards?
- »Discuss scientific communication from an ethical perspective and how the scientific community attempts to monitor the information that is communicated.
- »Quantitative Critique
- »Women’s Health and Health Promotion
- »Community Teaching Plan: Community Presentation
- »Project: Full Medical Record
- »PRACTICUM PROJECT PLAN
- »Assignment: Evidence-Based Project
- »Statistics And Quality Methods
- »challenges that the leaders of today's health care organizations face
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed