Analyze How Gender Is Created By Society, Specifically Looking At Children's Toys And/Or ClothingCulture is the glue that holds a society together—it is what encourages the members of that society to cooperate with each other as much as possible. We learn culture through socialization, the lifelong social experience. From birth we are taught how to be members of our society. The most common agents of socialization are our family, peers, school, and media. The family, for example, influences a child's development by such things as the way the parents hold the baby, look at it, talk to it, and respond to its needs. We take on typical gender roles from the beginning as girls are given pink clothes while boys are given blue. Family socialization is reinforced or modified by experiences at school and with peers, by the mass media, and by interaction with others. Socialization, the lifelong social experience through which we learn culture, is vital to becoming members of a society. In this assessment, we look at the sociological concepts of culture and socialization and how they impact our behavior and attitudes.
Demonstration of ProficiencyBy successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Examine how theory and sociological concepts apply to everyday life.
- Identify gender-specific childhood clothing and/or toys.
- Competency 2: Explain the basic tools of sociological inquiry.
- Summarize gender socialization sources.
- Explain the validity and helpfulness of gender socialization sources.
- Competency 4: Analyze the influence of culture on both the individual and society.
- Describe the impact of gender-specific messages towards one's self.
- Analyze how gender-specific messages of childhood clothing and/or toys reflect larger societal expectations.
- Competency 6: Compose text that articulates meaning relevant to its purpose and audience.
- Develop text using organization, structure, and transitions that demonstrate understanding of cohesion between main and subtopics.
- It helps you to start thinking about the impact of socialization on your life as a starting point.
- This first analysis will be used again for Assessment 6.
DeliverableWrite an essay in which you complete all of the following:
PART 1Examine the toys and clothing you had as a child.
- Describe the clothing and toys from your childhood and identify which were gender-specific.
PART 2Examine your experience with gender socialization.
- Describe the message your toys and clothing sent you about gender. ??????
- Analyze how gender-specific messages that arise from childhood clothing and toys reflect larger societal expectations.
- Reflect on the impact these messages had on you. Describe how you feel about your experience with gender socialization.
PART 3Analyze and then include outside sources.
- Your analysis should also include information from two additional outside resources regarding gender socialization—one from a popular source and one from a scholarly source. A critical component of this assessment involves evaluating these outside resources.
- Summarize your outside articles (one scholarly and one popular) and explain how they helped you better understand your experience with gender socialization.
- Explain the validity (quality) of each source and how helpful each was. What conclusions can you draw about the difference in these types of sources (popular versus scholarly)?
Analyze How Gender Is Created By Society, Specifically Looking At Children's Toys And/Or Clothing is rated 4.8/5 based on 161 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Nursing Theory UTILIZATION & APPLICATION
- »Head To Toe Assessment Assignment
- »What Role Do You Envision Yourself Having In Public Health
- »Project on - Venice Family Clinic Item budget proposal - Electronic Health Record (EHR) Systems
- »After working with your preceptor to assess organizational policies, create a list of measurable outcomes for your capstone project intervention. Write a list of three to five outcomes for your proposed intervention. Below each outcome, provide a one or t
- »Gastrointestinal Tract: Disorders Of Motility
- »Reflect on a pediatric patient who presented with an eye, ear, nose, or throat disorder during your Practicum experience
- »Physical and/or mental deficits that limit a person’s ability
- »Transforming Nursing And Healthcare Through Technology
- »Discussion: Health Data Standards
- »community characteristics portion of the community assessment
- »Art Appreciation
- »Religion In Sixteenth- And Seventeenth-Century European Art
- »Promoting Healthcare Quality
- »Discussion - Nursing Interventions To Reduce Stressors
- »Unlicensed Assistive Personnel and the Registered Nurse
- »Research Mathematical Analysis
- »End-Of-Life Decisions
- »Describe three of the factors that you think drive up health care costs and (b) Explain what do you think an individual can do to have and impact on personal and overall health care cost?
- »Capstone Project Topic Selection and Approval
- »Discussion Post
- »Nutrition Research Paper
- »report on an interview you have conducted with a health care professional. You will identify an issue from the interview that could be improved with an interdisciplinary approach, and review best practices and evidence to address the issue.
- »Investigating Pandemics And Epidemics
- »CHEMICAL DOSE
- »INTRODUCTION TO THE U.S. HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM
- »Health Care Problem Analysis
- »Executive Summary assignment
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed