Advanced PharmacotherapeuticsWoo, Pharmacotherapeutics for APN Prescribers, 4e Student Case Study Answers-24-1 Chapter 24 Drugs Used in Treating Infectious Disease Answers to Student Case Study Nick is a 16 year old who presents to the clinic with a sore throat, enlarged cervical lymph nodes, and a fever of 102°F. His rapid strep test is positive. 1. What is the plan of care for Nick’s strep throat? Penicillin 500 mg PO bid × 10 days OR Amoxicillin 1,000 mg PO daily × 10 days 2. What education do Nick and his parents need? Nick is contagious for 24 hours after antibiotics are started. He should take the full medication for 10 days to clear infection and prevent rheumatic fever. Report any symptoms of rash or hypersensitivity.
Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics is rated 4.8/5 based on 635 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Leading Organizations
- »Legal Systems
- »Motivation & Organizational Climate
- »Diary Of Medical Mission Trip
- »This is an individual assignment. Applying what you have learned thus far, develop a community teaching proposal designed to address the needs of your community
- »in-patient unit at a hospice to receive end-of-life care
- »Data Collection, Analysis, Evaluation, Dissemination of Results, and Conclusion
- »Which theory or theories are being used by Jessica, Marco, Maria, and Dr. Wilson to determine the moral status of the fetus? Explain.
- »Discussion Leadership Theories In Practice
- »Soap Note Gastritis “I am having vaginal itching and pain in my lower abdomen.”
- »Describe Your Vision Of Your Role As An APN
- »FNU Physical Assessment In Health Care Quiz
- »Credibility Of Quantitative Results
- »Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, mainly inattentive presentation
- »Cannabis Use In Medicine
- »Servant Leadership
- »Define the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- »How A Bill Becomes A Law
- »Reflection Journal
- »Describe the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. Be sure to explain the changes in the arterial blood gas patterns during an exacerbation
- »Choose two terms from the Elements of Fiction lecture and apply them to "The Fall of the House of Usher."
- »Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
- »Payment structures used in the health care industry
- »Development Of The Health Care System Of The German And Canadian French Heritage Culture .
- »SUSTAINABLE GOAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FACT SHEET Malaria
- »National initiatives driven by the American Nurses Association have determined nursing-quality outcome indicators that are intended to focus plans and programs to increase quality and safety in patient care
- »In this Discussion, you will identify a recently proposed health policy and share your analysis of the evidence in support of this policy.
- »Poor Patient Outcome
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed